Monday, February 13, 2006

it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood...

Ok, so it’s been approximately fifty-nine days since I last attempted this blogging thing... it’s been so long I had to check to see what exactly a blog was... Anyhow I have since enjoyed my Christmas break, a youth convention in Boston and have returned safely back to school - it has been a really eventful few months...

seeing as I have a really bad memory I will start with today (slash last night), then attempt a reverse chronology from there...

IT SNOWED!!!! If I could say stoked in multiple languages I would, but I cannot so I won’t... there is an abundance of that fluffy white stuff on the ground now and it is finally starting to look like the great white north and I am now beginning to feel at home here in the mother land... I don’t use words like pretty or beautiful often when referring to frozen H2O but I can definitely say that the snow looked absolutely beautiful today, I don’t know if that is because there has been such a lack of it as of late or if it was just the way the sun was shining on that wonderfully frozen tundra, but it was a sight to behold...

alright, that was my attempt at a reverse chronology, (if that’s even a word...) and I have barely covered today so what I said about my memory was apparently truer than even I realized...

I am still doing the same job here at school as I have done since my freshman year (for those of you who are interested and even for those of you who are not) but there has been a welcome addition this semester to the dish-washing staff (Kaylan this section is dedicated to you...) as I was working one day with this “rookie” dishwasher (and I just say rookie in the sense that you just started, because you are like a pro at drying every third dish... ;) lol) she mentioned that I have not blogged in a while so I told her that I would write about how fun it is to work with her every Thursday at lunch and the occasional weekend... so this is me writing about that, disregarding her hopeless attempts to injure me on the job and put me out of work the time certainly flies when I get to work with her because it is fun/amusing/really dangerous to work with this particular individual...

as I am writing this I am resting on my tri-colour elbow (which happens to perfectly match my lacerated knee) and I remember what I did this weekend... I played basketball, it, unfortunately, was our last scheduled game of the season (I say scheduled as I hold on to the slim chance that we will have post season games) for those of you who may think basketball is a sport in which you can’t possibly get hurt, have I got news for you... you can!! if you’re playing basketball and don’t have any war wounds, then you’re just not trying hard enough... or maybe you are just really good and unlike me didn’t inherit the ‘wowiamaklutz’ gene...

well, true to form I am now procrastinating on some homework that I really should be doing for tomorrow so I guess this is the end of that, (whatever that means...) farewell, parting is such sweet sorrow... but that’s only because I feel this obligation to go do work, seeing that I am at an institution in which learning takes place...

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Sheena, it's good to see you back in the blogging world. Welcome. :-)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home